This past month, I have been travelling the length and breadth of the country as part of the Mango Halcyon Tour, touching down at a grand total of 11 different locations to promote our latest special beer. Whilst I have spent more nights in hotels than I have my own bed, I have racked up some serious hours travelling, which gave me plenty of time to cook up various mango recipes in my head!
I settled on BBQ prawn and mango salsa tacos. After spending a year in the States, I have an undying love for tacos and firmly believe that every Tuesday should be a taco Tuesday! The tacos were the perfect pairing with the food. The ‘mango on mango’ was a direct complement and the slight spiciness of the prawns worked great with the still incredibly hoppy beer. The Mango Halcyon was created as part of our ‘Year of Beer’ special and was a very small batch; make sure to grab some bottles before it all goes!
- 400g x raw king prawns
- 1 x tablespoon of butter
- 1 x red chilli – finely diced
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- 8 x soft shell tacos
- 1 x ripe mango (I had mine for a week before it was soft enough)
- 1 x ripe avocado
- 1 x red pepper
- 10 x cherry tomatoes
- ½ x red onion
- juice from 1 lime
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- Chop the mango, avocado, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion and mix together in bowl.
- Squeeze lime over ingredients and season with freshly chopped coriander, salt and black pepper. (Store in fridge until required).
- Mix king prawns, BBQ seasoning and finely chopped chilli together.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter and sear the prawns on a high temperature. These will only need 1 minute on each side.
- Last step is to fill your tacos however you please. As well as the prawn and salsa, I packed mine full of coleslaw, iceberg lettuce and pickled jalapenos.